Roasted Corn Chowder with Cheddar Cheese is the perfect cozy soup on a bitter cold winter day!
Roasted Corn Chowder with Cheddar Cheese
- Roasted Corn & Cheddar Chowder Ingredients:
- 5-6 ears corn
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ⅔ cups half & half
- ½ pound cheddar cheese, grated
- Chives, sliced for serving time
- Preheat oven to 425 for the corn and line a pan with nonstick foil.
- Melt the 2 Tablespoons of butter in the microwave and pour over the corn.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and roast for 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned.
- Cool a few minutes and then cut the kernels off the cobs.
- Melt the butter in a large stockpot.
- Add the chopped onion and cook a few minutes.
- On med-hi, add in the bacon and cook until all the bacon pieces are crispy, stirring often.
- Sprinkle the flour on and stir until it is dissolved.
- Add the corn and stir well.
- Put heat on high and add the broth.
- Let simmer a few minutes.
- Pour in the half and half.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and lower heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir in the cheddar cheese until melted.
- Serve into bowls and top with chopped chives.