Double Chocolate Cupcakes
I absolutely love these double chocolate cupcakes. They combine my favorite chocolate cake recipe with the best frosting! The tricky part on this recipe is using the right cupcake liners. I HIGHLY suggest using parchment liners. They were the only ones that did not give me trouble. Regular liners and foil lined kept sticking on me. Grrrr, nothing worse that a scrumtious cupcake trapped in its liner!
You May Need:
- ¾ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons soft butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup very warm water
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray 3 8-inch round baking pans with pam, line bottoms with parchment paper, grease again and set aside.
- In small bowl combine cocoa and boiling water with a whisk until smooth. Cool.
- In medium bowl stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and vanilla.
- Slowly add the cocoa mix.
- Add ⅓ of the flour mix, then the milk. Then ⅓ of flour and the sour cream. Then, add the past of the flour.
- Mix well and divide into cupcake liners ¾ full.
- Bake approx 18-23 mins till toothpick clean. Cool.
- Mix all on low to combine.
- Beat on med-high 2 mins.
- Cool 15 minutes. Pipe or spread on cupcakes.
Cake adapted from OMG Chocolate Desserts
Frosting adapted from Cookies & Cups