A La Vodka has to be one of the best possible sauces you can drown your pasta in! This comes from an old friend who contributed this recipe to my bridal shower cookbook (Hi Eveda)! It is always a hit and I have been making it for 15 years now! This sauce is very simple yet tastes so rich and divine! Grab the cream and get cooking! Boil up your favorite pasta and change this recipe up a bit! I used cavatelli this time! What’s your favorite pasta?
A La Vodka
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- ⅔ c. vodka (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- parsley chopped for garnish
- Melt butter and add onion and garlic to saute.
- Add tomatoes, cream, vodka, cheese,s & p.
- Cook 45 mins on a low simmer partially covered.
- Serve with pasta and sprinkle with parsley.
My recipe for vodka sauce is basically the same as yours except I add 1 pound of sliced mushrooms. Thanks for sharing. I also have been making this for many years.
Hugs & Cookies xoxo says