Step one: make crepes (you can make regular crepes or gluten free)
BACON, CHEESE & EGGS BAKED IN CREPE CUPS-THE PERFECT BRUNCH FOOD!
- Best Crepes Ever!
- 1½ cup milk
- 1 cup "Cup4Cup" Gluten-free flour or all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 T. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Prepare eggs (I used primarily egg whites but you can use whole eggs if you prefer.)
- 9 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- mozzarella cheese, enough to scatter in each cup
- chopped parsley, garnish
- Place all of the above in a blender and process until smooth.
- Spray a crepe pan with coconut oil (available at Trader Joe's) or cooking spray and heat over med-hi. Pour in a scant ½c. batter and swirl around the pan to make an even layer. Cook until browned and then flip to cook other side.
- Grease a 6 cup xlarge muffin tin and lay one crepe in each muffin spot folding the edges like a ruffle.
- Beat egg whites & yolk. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle bacon and cheese in the bottom of each cup. Divide the eggs evenly among the 6 cups. Loosely tent a piece of foil over the cups and bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or until eggs are cooked and puffy. Top with reserved bacon, a little more cheese and parsley. Sprinkle with extra salt and pepper!