Bacon, Egg & Cheese Cups
12 eggs a splash of half & half or milk (about 2 Tablespoons) 3 slices bacon,cooked crisp and chopped handful of chives, chopped 1/2 cup shredded cheese (Kerrygold is what I used), plus a little more to sprinkle on top 1 Tablespoon, melted butter to grease muffin tin or use silicone muffin cups as I did Directions:
- Generously spray a 12 cup muffin tin and use a pastry brush to brush with melted butter. This is important or your eggs will stick. If using silicone cups, they do not need to be greased.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add cream or milk. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In the bottom of each muffin cup, sprinkle in some of the chopped bacon and chives.
- Pour the eggs evenly into each cup and add a little sprinkle of cheese to the tops.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool just a minute or 2 and then use a sharp knife around the edges and release muffins. Lay on sides in the tin to cool a bit. Remove to platter.
- Can top with extra chives, salt and pepper to serve.