This bacon, egg and cheese recipe is perfect for everyone! Dieters, low “carb”-ers, bacon lovers, paleo followers, gluten free fanatics! 3 simple ingredients evolve into these beautiful, hand held muffins for an easy breakfast on the go. Or serve them at a brunch and wow your company. Either way, you’ll want to whip these up….like now! And, I dare you to eat just one. Make that a double dare!
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Cups
12 eggs a splash of half & half or milk (about 2 Tablespoons) 3 slices bacon,cooked crisp and chopped 2 scallions chopped 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, plus a little more to sprinkle on top 1 Tablespoon, melted butter to grease muffin tin plus Non stick spray Directions:
- Generously spray a 12 cup muffin tin and use a pastry brush to brush with melted butter. This is important or your eggs will stick.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add cream or milk. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In the bottom of each muffin cup, sprinkle in some of the chopped bacon and scallions.
- Pour the eggs evenly into each cup and add a little sprinkle of cheese to the tops.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool just a minute or 2 and then use a sharp knife around the edges and release muffins. Lay on sides in the tin to cool a bit. Remove to platter.
- Can top with extra scallions, salt and pepper to serve.
Each one is only about 120 calories! WOW!!!!!!