This is a fabulous appetizer!
You may need:
8 inch cast iron skillet
- ¾ pounds Fontina Cheese, rind removed and 1-inch-diced
- just a drizzle of olive oil (like ½ tsp or omit)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- fresh rosemary, a little bit chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 crusty French baguette
- Preheat the broiler and position the oven rack 5 inches from the heat.
- Lay Fontina cubes into 8 inch cast-iron pan.
- Add tiny drizzle of olive oi or will be too greasy.
- Combine the garlic and rosemary and sprinkle it over the cheese.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Broil 6 minutes until bubbly and brown.
- Serve with bread to dip.
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten
Leave a Reply