WELCOME TO ANOTHER MONTH OF 2 SWEETIE PIES!! I LOVE THIS DAY! MY BLOGGING BUDDY LIZZIE (FROM THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE) AND I EACH BAKE FROM THE OTHER’S BLOG AND SURPRISE EACH OTHER…AND YOU-WITH WHAT WE MADE!!! THIS MONTH I MADE LIZZY’S SUPERNATURAL BROWNIES!
I figured with a name like supernatural they had to be good. And boy were they! The top had a perfect crackly top and the brownies were packed with flavor and a chewiness factor that we loved! Thanks once again Lizzy!
*Tip: I halved the recipe below and used a 9×13 pan lined with nonstick foil. Still baked perfectly at 45 minutes.
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) milk chocolate
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a half sheet pan with non-stick spray, the line with parchment and spray parchment.
- Combine butter and chopped chocolate in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds, stop and stir and continue microwaving for 30 second intervals, stopping and stirring till mixture is smooth and melted. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl and mix in salt, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture, then fold in flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top with offset spatula. Bake for about 45 minutes, until top has formed a shiny crust. Cool in pan. Cover with plastic wrap when cool and refrigerate for easy cutting.
- To serve, run knife around edge of pan and flip brownies onto large cutting board. Remove parchment and flip back. Cut to desired size.
- Note: these taste even better the day after they’re baked.
- Yield: 48 brownies
- Total time: 24 hours if you refrigerate overnight.