It is officially winter. The season of hibernating bears and teddy bear picnics for small cutie pies. These cookies would make the perfect addition! Below is my favorite recipe for cut out cookies and royal icing! Have fun!
- 3 c flour
- ½ Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ROYAL ICING
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- Scant ½ cup water
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Add egg, milk & vanilla.
- Add flour & baking powder.
- Pat into a disk and roll out to desired thickness.
- Use bear cutters to make shapes and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Cut thicker shapes if inserting oven safe cookie sticks.
- Let cool.
- Beat ingredients in a mixer bowl on low speed until smooth, about 7 minutes.
- If icing is too thick, add more water; if too thin, beat 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add food colorings and pipe the cookies.
- To serve: Display pops in a Teddy Graham Box stuffed with styrofoam for the cookie sticks to stand in.
Leave a Reply