This is a special blueberry crumb cake. It is perfectly moist, sweet and delicious! I love serving it with blueberry pie filling on top. If that’s not your thing then go ahead and skip it. A simple sprinkling of powdered sugar on top is also yummy! This comes from an old cookbook of mine from Rosie’s Bakery. You can check it out here! Lots of fun recipes packed into this book that you would love! Make this for your next brunch or breakfast. It’s perfect for on the go too. It slices nicely and would be a treat in anyone’s lunch box!
This is the second treat I made in my new kitchen! If you’d like to see before and after pictures of our kitchen renovation you can click here!
Blueberry Crumb Cake
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 10 T. butter room temp
- 1 ½ c. sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c. milk
- 1 ¾ c. frozen blueberries
- 8 T. butter
- ¼ c. flour
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. lightly packed light brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- Can of blueberry filling if desired and powdered sugar for sprinkling on at serving time.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add 2 eggs and blend.
- Fold in 1/3 of dry ingredients. Fold in the milk, half at a time alternating with the dry ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a 9 inch pan lined with nonstick foil.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 just to set.
- Remove and sprinkle on the crumbs.
- Beat ingredients to form crumbs.
- Sprinkle over the cake and return to the oven.
- Continue baking for about 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Add a few more mins if the toothpick still has wet batter on it.
- Cool completely and slice.
- Top with blueberry filling if desired and powdered sugar.