Broccoli Sausage Cheese Pie
This Broccoli Sausage Cheese Pie is comfort food at its best. When you need a filling and beautiful dinner, give this one a try! The filling is a combo of sausage, broccoli and lots of cheeses! You can use a combo of shredded cheeses or all mozzarella. I like to use a shredded combo to layer the flavors. If you are not a cheesy pie fan, you may want to reduce the amount of cheese in this dish. Cheese lovers should make it as is! I used a buttermilk pie crust for this dish which is out of this world. You can use Pillsbury if you’re short on time but I really recommend making this homemade crust. You can even make it a day or two ahead of time. Just bring it almost to room temp when it is time to roll it out.
You may also enjoy:
Creamy Orecchiette with Sausage and Broccoli
Stuffed Shells with Sausage Filling
Rotini with Chicken and Sausage
- 2½ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 cup butter, cold and cubed
- ½ cup cold buttermilk (Plus a little xtra if needed)
- 1 package premio sweet italian sausage, casing removed and pan fry the sausage.
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped and blanched 2 mins.
- 16 ounces shredded cheese (I use a combo of mozzarella/provolone)
- 5 eggs
- 1 extra egg white
- 10 ounces ricotta cheese
- salt/peper to taste
- 1 egg for wash
- In a food processor, combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Add butter and pusle to form small pea sized pieces.
- While pulsing, slowly add buttermilk just till dough forms together. Add a drop more milk if too dry.
- Lay out on floured surface and divide into 2 disks.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Combine the eggs and extra white with the cheese and ricotta.
- Add salt/pepper
- Stir in the broccoli and sausage.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Roll out crust and lay in 9 inch pie pan.
- Add filling.
- Roll out second crust and top it.
- Crimp sides and make 4 slashes.
- Beat an egg and brush on top.
- Bake at 375 45-55 minutes.
Leave a Reply