This is great after Halloween, before Halloween or on any of the other 300 plus days of the year! I mean it is CANDY after all! Need I say more? Okay, it is candy baked in a pie shell!!! Even better, right? Do I have your attention now? This is definitely a treat the kiddies will love….ahem, and the grown ups too! I used a frozen pie crust. I prefer these over the roll out kind in the refrigerated aisle. Of course, you can always go homemade if you’d like! I love Ina Garten’s homemade crust the best! You can find that recipe here!
- 1 frozen deep dish 9-inch pie crust
- ¾ cup butter, soft
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups chopped candies-use your favorites! (I used Twix and lots of M & M's)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda.
- Carefully add the candies-don't crush by over mixing!
- Spread into the pie crust.
- Bake about 25 mins until golden.
- Let cool and serve into nice, large slices!
- Serve with chocolate sauce or hot fudge!
Adapted From Dinner, Dishes and Desserts-Be sure to check out this fabulous blog!!