This candy cane Christmas cheesecake is about to elevate your holiday season! An oreo crust, a peppermint cheesecake filling with smashed candy canes and a ganache topping. Need I say more? Tip: crush your candy canes in a food processor instead of attempting to cut them with a knife! You can also use a cheesecake moat to help with the cracking. You can check out themoat here—> MOAT. Mine still cracked but it all gets covered with the yummy ganache and more candies so don’t sweat it!
You may need:
Candy Cane Christmas Cheesecake
- 24 Oreos chopped in food processor
- 5 tbsp. melted butter
- Pam baking spray
- 24 ounces room temp cream cheese
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 1 ½ T. flour
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract optional
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ c. chopped semi sweet chocolate plus more for garnish
- ½ c. chopped white chocolate plus more for garnish
- ½ c. chopped candy canes plus more for garnish (I chopped them in a food processor)
- ¼ cup plus 2 T. hot heavy cream
- ¾ c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º and spray an 8" springform pan with Pam.
- Mix crumbs and butter and press firmly into bottom of 8 inch pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, then sour cream, flour, peppermint extract, vanilla, and salt.
- Fold in chocolates and candy canes.
- Pour into crust and use a cheesecake moat, if desired.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Shut oven pff and let cake cool down in the oven 1 hour.
- Remove and chill a few hours.
- Heat cream just below a boil in a heat safe bowl.
- Add chocolate and cover 1 minute.
- Whisk smooth and pour over chilled cake.
- Top with the additional chocolates and candy canes.
Adapted from Delish