Thinking dessert? Need a winner for your next dinner? Din, ding, ding! Here it is. The best cheesecake ever is topped with an apple pie cake and drenched in a rich, 3 minute caramel!!!! Below is the apple pie cake recipe and the cheesecake. You can also just make this apple pie cake and dust with some powdered sugar-fabulous!!!
To make this recipe as pictured, you’ll need to make this wonderful 3 minute caramel!
You’ll also need:
Apple Pie Cake
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large apples if you can, choose 4 different kinds
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Line 9 inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in small bowl.
- Peel the apples and cut into small chunks.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until they're foamy.
- Add the sugar and whisk for a minute or so to blend.
- Add vanilla.
- Whisk in half the flour and when it is incorporated, add half the melted butter, followed by the rest of the flour and the remaining butter, mixing gently after each addition so that you have a smooth, rather thick batter.
- Fold in the apples coating with batter.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top of the cake is golden brown and a knife inserted deep into the center comes out clean.
- Cool and then chill until your cheesecake is ready. Then slide this on top of the cheesecake and drizzle with the caramel!
- 1 1 /2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 T sugar
- 6 T melted butter
- Four 8-ounce packages PHILADELPHIA cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 ⅔ cups sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine all ingredients and press into a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat 1 package of the cream cheese, 1/3 cup of the sugar, and the cornstarch together on low until creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl several times.
- Blend in the remaining cream cheese, one package at a time, beating well and scraping down the bowl after each.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat in the remaining sugar, then the vanilla.
- Blend in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in the cream just until completely blended.
- The filling will look light, creamy, airy, and almost like billowy clouds. Be careful not to overmix! Gently spoon the batter over the crust. Wrap the sides of the pan in aluminum foil.
- Place the cake pan in a large shallow pan containing hot water that comes halfway (about 1 inch) up the side of the springform. Bake until the edge is light golden brown, the top is light gold, and the center barely jiggles, about 1 1/4 hours. If the cake still feels soft around the edge, let it bake for 10 minutes more. Let cool in oven with the door open for 30 mins. Remove the cheesecake from the water bath, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool for 2 hours. Chill until cold.
- Cheesecake recipe adapted from Junior's
Apple Pie cake was adapted from my friend That Skinny Chick Can Bake