Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Cookies are just like the cookie form of a TWIX bar! You can feel free to add a hint of sea salt on top, too! I used a milk chocolate drizzle but dark or semisweet chocolates would also go well with this combination. The cookie indent will spread when baking so you can just push it down again once they come out of the oven.
Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- 16 T. soft butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 jar caramel sauce
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips melted in a piping bag￼
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar,
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda.
- Use small ice cream scoop and form round balls of dough.
- Press down the centers to form a spot for the caramel later.
- Freeze 30 mins,
- Preheat oven 375 and bake cookies 9-10 mins.
- Cool and spoon a tsp of caramel into the centers.
- Let set a few mins and drizzle with chocolate.