Chocolate cookies are always a hit but once you start dressing them up in caramel and toasted, chopped pecans…no one can resist. Toasting the pecans is optional but will really bring your cookies to a whole new level of perfection. The smell alone as they toast is worth the extra effort. You can drizzle on store bought caramel or make your own. Here is my homemade recipe if you’d like to really send your guests home raving about these cookies!!!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Beat butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add all dry ingredients and combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by Tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Roll each cookie dough ball into the pecans.
- Bake 350 10-12 minutes. Let cool on sheets.
- To serve: stack up and drizzle with caramel
Chocolate Cookie recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups