Cheddar & Bacon Savory Cheesecake
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces room temp cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons flour or cornstarch (I use cornstarch when making a gluten free version.)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 1 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of fresh pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick foil.
- Combine parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the springform pan and bake 10 mins. Cool.
- Increase your oven to 400°F.
- In a mixer, beat cream cheese smooth.
- Add eggs.
- Beat until well combined.
- Add cheddar, sour cream, chives, bacon, flour (or cornstarch), salt and pepper.
- Pour this filling into the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 325.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. It should be golden and not too wiggly in the middle.
- Remove and let cool.
- Run a knife around the edges and chill overnight.
- Remove the sides of the pan and top with the toppings.
- Let sit at room temp for 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with crackers.
Recipe adapted from Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body