HERE IT IS READY TO CHILL…I CAN’T WAIT TO CUT IT OPEN!!!
This cake can be easily made gluten free…or not! I used coconut sugar in this, too! Of course, granulated sugar would be fine if you do not have coconut sugar!
- 2 cups coconut sugar (or use regular)
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour (Use “Cup4Cup” brand to make it GF)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pound baby carrots, grated in food processor.
Electric mix sugar, oil and vanilla. Then add eggs. Add flour, cinnamon, soda and carrots and mix until combined.
3. Spray a 9-INCH springform pan with coconut oil (or pam) and pour in half the carrot cake batter. On top of it, dollop mounds of cheesecake using half the mixture. Pour on the rest of the carrot cake batter. Top it with mounds of the cheesecake mixture and only gently swirl it in a drop. Bake for 65-75 minutes or until done. For the last 10-20 minutes put a foil tent loosely over the cake if it is getting too brown. Next time I would place the springform pan on a cookie sheet to bake as some grease leaked into the oven so just a tip for you! Let cool completely before frosting.
4. Cream cheese Frosting:
Beat on high until creamy:
1 1/2c. confectioner’s sugar sifted
4 ounces cream cheese
2 Tablespoons butter
1-2 tablespoons sour cream
Once spread on top of cake, decorate with pecan halves, if desired and chill! Serve with whipped cream and salted caramel, of course!