A Chocolate bundt cake with chocolate ganache is awfully yummy. But just imagine that it is filled with a nice tunnel of cheesecake running through it. Oh yea, now we’re talkin! This cake is moist and packed with chocolate flavor. It is anything but the typical dry chocolate cake. The cheesecake is sweet and rich and the ganache is flat out amazing! This cake took a bit of work to pull together but the final result was worth it. I liked this cake best served at room temp after cooling from the oven. You can chill it overnight but bring it back to room temp before serving.
Cheesecake Stuffed Bundt Cake
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate finely chopped (I used Ghirardelli)
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 Tablespoons soft butter
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a bundt pan with Pam w/flour.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, and flour.
- Beat well and leave to the side.
- Place the cocoa and chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Add the boiling water and cover for 5 mins.
- Whisk smooth and cool down.
- Once cool, whisk in the sour cream addition.
- Meanwhile, in a mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients alternating with the chocolate mixture.
- Pour half in the pan.
- Dollop the cream cheese along the center.
- Top with more batter.
- You can see my cream cheese is at bottom because I added more than half the batter to begin with. Next time, I will definitely add half so my cream cheese layer is a bit higher.
- Bake approx 50 mins or until toothpick comes out almost clean.
- A few crumbs on the pick is good!
- Cool 10 mins and flip out. I then inverted it again.
- In a small pot, combine cream and corn syrup until hot.
- Take off the heat and whisk in the chocolate until smooth.
- Pour over the cake.
- Let cool before cutting.
Adapted from Handle the Heat-be sure to check out this awesome and delish blog!