Don’t worry, the dirty part of this is from all of the yummy paprika, garlic and salt. The seasonings add a beautiful color to the rice—hence the word, dirty! This has become a dinner staple in my house each week. Sometimes I skip the sausage and add more chicken. It is always a family pleaser, even with the kids! Hope you try out this chicken with dirty rice soon!
- 4 chicken thighs (heavily seasoned with paprika, garlic powder, salt/pepper on both sides)
- 1-2 T. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 link andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 cup rice (I like to use a blend from Trader Joe's)
- 2¼ cup chicken stock
- Heat a dutch oven over medium with oil.
- Once hot, add chicken and brown both sides. Remove to a plate.
- Brown sausage and remove to the plate with the chicken
- Add onion and celery to the pot and sauté 5 mins.
- Pour in rice and chicken stock. Stir.
- Lay chicken and sausage on top.
- Bring to a boil and cover.
- Place into the oven at 350 for 35 minutes covered.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Adapted from The Chunky Chef