This pot pie filling is as good as it gets! Rich, creamy and packed with chicken and veggies. Bake it in any crust you like or serve with mashed potatoes!
1. Steam 4 carrots and chop.
2. Roast fresh corn if desired and get 1/2 cup peas ready.
3. Grill 1 pound chicken cutlets in a grill pan with salt/pepper. Cut into small pieces.
4. In a pot, melt 4 Tablespoons butter and sprinkle in 1/4 cup flour (I used gf flour), stirring to combine very well. Cook 1 minute.
5. Add 2 cups chicken broth and 2 Tablespoons heavy cream. Stir to combine and simmer on low to thicken a bit.
6. Stir in the carrots, peas, corn kernels if using and chicken. Add salt/pepper.
Bake in pie crust according to package directions or homemade recipe.