Mini Chocolate Cheesecake Squares
Mini Chocolate Cheesecake Squares will steal the show at your next party. These are easy to prepare, can be may ahead of time and are just delicious! You could even switch up the decorations on top and do a white chocolate drizzle or a combo of milk and white chocolates. The addition of sprinkles would add some color and could be matched to any theme or holiday to make them more festive. You’ll want to cut your squares small as they will be rich by the time you are done bathing them in creamy, melted milk chocolate! Use a large chef’s knife to make your cuts. As for the chocolate disks, I used Ghirardelli melts for these and they did not disappoint. You could also use Merckens which I am a fan of and often purchase through Amazon. I wouldn’t recommend using the melts sold in craft stores. Those are better left for the cute kiddie lollipops! Choose a high quality batch of dipping chocolates. I like to dip just a few before parking them into the fridge to set up. I find if you let them sit on the counter too long the chocolate can discolor. So, dip three and then get them in the fridge to chill. Repeat for the rest of your squares. I would store these in the fridge when done but bring them to room temperature before serving/eating.
You may also enjoy:
I love the inside shot of these squares. You can see the crisp, delicious oreo crust paired with the creamy chocolate cheesecake! A perfect match, for sure.
You may need:
- 18 Oreos, crushed in the food processor
- 3 T. sugar
- 6 T. melted butter
- 12 oz cream cheese, soft
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 T. flour
- 2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 whole egg plus an additional yolk (discard the egg white)
- ½ c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli), Melt this and let cool a few mins.
- 24 oz chocolate candy coating (Also used Ghirardelli), melted when you are ready to dip after the cheesecake is baked and chilled
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line an 11x7 pan with nonstick foil.
- Stir oreo crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press into pan and bake 10 mins.
- Cool completely!
- In a mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and cocoa until smooth.
- Add egg and yolk.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Make sure you scrape down the sides.
- Slowly pour in the melted chocolate.
- Carefully spread this over the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake 45 mins.
- Cool to room temp and then chill a few hours.
- Cut into squares and dip into the melted chocolate.
- Lay on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and chill in fridge to firm up chocolate.
- Add a drizzle if desired.
- Keep chilled and serve at room temp!
This fabulous recipe is adapted from Bakerella!