Chocolate Chip Cookie Mud Balls
These are a bit messy to make as you are literally smushing a chocolate chip cookie into a truffle shape BUT the kids went crazy for these! The mess was worth the hype!
Chocolate Chip Mud Balls
- 1c. flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½c. butter
- ½c. light brown sugar
- ¼c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1c. chocolate chips
- Merckens milk chocolates for dipping
- white chocolate for drizzle, optional
- Preheat oven 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- On low, add dry ingredients.
- Fold in chips.
- Drop cookies by 3T. onto sheet and bake 13-15 mins.
- Cool 20 mins and then come the messy part.
- Break a cookie in 1 inch pieces and use your hands to smush it into a ball. Yes, it is messy but the chocolate helps hold it together.
- Chill 35 mins in fridge.
- Melt Merckens and dip each cookie.
- Reserve a few cookies to make crumbs for the garnish, if desired.