Chocolate Cookies Stuffed With Cookie DoughThis is what they look like when cooled.... This is what they look like when eaten warm...
Chocolate Cookies Stuffed With Cookie Dough
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1 c. flour
- ½ c. light brown sugar, packed
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 T. whole milk
- ½ c. mini chocolate chips
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the 8 ounces of chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy – about 1 minute.
- Beat in the sugars.
- Mix in the beaten egg/vanilla until incorporated.
- Add the chocolate and beat until combined. Add the dry ingredients on slow speed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- While cookie dough is chilling, make cookie dough. (Directions below)
- Scoop about 3T. of dough and flatten it. Lay a scoop of cookie dough in center and roll to encase it all.
- Bake for about 11-13 minutes.
- They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat butter, flour and sugars until smooth.
- Add vanilla and milk.
- Fold in chips.