My Dad’s favorite candy is a Chunky bar so I had to make him a Chunky Cheesecake!
This fabulous cheesecake recipe is adapted from my Cheesecake Bestie, Debbie at Say Cheesecake. I also like to refer to her as the cheesecake hotline! I have made MANY cheesecakes over the past 12 years but this is unique because of it’s adorable size and unique baking technique! No water bath needed and absolutely NO peeking allowed. Ok, so that was tricky but I behaved and it was worth it. This cake tastes outrageous. It uses a unique pan, too! (Luckily it is inexpensive.) You can find it here… A Fat Daddio’s removable bottom sized 6×3. What a fun size this would be when you want to gift someone a cheesecake! You need to check out her Debbie’s Insta page and follow her….her cakes are sinful!! She also has some saved highlights explaining her baking process and cheesecake steps in more detail. Tell her I sent you! xoxo
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ¼ c. graham cracker crumbs
- 46 g. brown sugar
- 42 g. sugar
- 6 T-7T. melted butter Add slowly in case you don't need it all, but I did
- 6 chunky bars Chop 4 bars, reserve 2 bars for garnish
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 80 grams sour cream room temperature
- 1 T. heavy cream room temperature
- 1 T. vanilla
- 140 g. granulated sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 2 eggs room temperature
- whipped cream
- 8 squares of chunky 2 bars
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray 6x3 removable bottom pan with PAM, line with parchment circle and spray again.
- Mix all ingredients and press into the bottom of pan and up the sides a bit.
- Bake 10-12 mins and then cool. (Bake on a rack over a jellyroll pan)
- Once cooled, sprinkle some of the candies on the bottom crust.
- Mix the cream cheese on medium high 4-5 mins until creamy.
- Scrape down the bowl a couple of times.
- Add the sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Mix on low until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- It should be smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs on low just until combined and finish mixing with a spatula.
- Pour it into the cooled crust.
- Top with rest of the candies.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 12 mins at 300.
- Lower temp to 225 and bake 95 mins-do NOT open oven.
- Shut oven off and leave cake in the oven for 1 hour. (Still NO opening)
- Crack oven open a few inches and let cake sit another hour.
- Remove to a rack to cool and then chill in fridge overnight.
- The next day, loosen bottom with fingers to release.
- Place on top of a tall narrow can and pull down sides to release.
- Cover top with plastic wrap, flip over in hand and remove base of pan from the cake and the parchment.
- Place on cake plate and decorate with whipped cream and reserved candies.