My friend Liz, creator of That Skinny Chick Can Bake, and I have this awesome monthly feature called Two Sweetie Pies. Each month, we choose a recipe from the other’s blog and feature it. We do not tell each other which recipe we are working on until reveal day which is always so exciting! Normally we laugh because we both choose either a crazy good chocolate recipe or an ooey gooey caramel one. I think Liz will be surprised this month. I chose fruit! And Nuts! So these must be healthy, right? Hee hee These Coconut Almond Apricot Bars are super easy to whip up and taste like hoyu spent hours in the kitchen. Thanks for yet another winner Liz!
Coconut Almond Apricot Bars
- ¾ cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1⅓ cups sweetened coconut
- ½ cup slivered almonds plus extra to sprinkle over bars
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 13 ounce jar apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line 9 x 13 baking pan with non-stick foil.
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Add egg.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Add coconut, almonds and vanilla.
- Press two thirds of this dough in the pan.
- Spread preserves on top.
- Crumble the rest of the dough on top of preserves.
- Sprinkle with the extra almonds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into squares.