Lump Crab Meat! Buttery Phyllo Dough! The Perfect Appetizer!
- 12 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and picked to remove shells
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 10 sheets phyllo dough (found in frozen section but you use it defrosted)
- ¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet and sauté scallions and garlic until fragrant and soft, a few mins.
- Place crabmeat in a bowl and pour on lime juice.
- Season with salt/pepper.
- Pour butter mixture into crab and stir.
- Melt 10 tablespoons of butter in a small bowl in microwave.
- Line a large jellyroll pan with parchment.
- Lay down one sheet of phyllo and brush with butter. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Repeat until your stack has 5 phyllo sheets.
- Spoon a 1-inch wide strip of the crab mixture along 1 long edge of the phyllo dough. Roll it up seam side down.
- Brush top with butter.
- Repeat this to create a second crab roll.
- Score the crab strudel diagonally into 1½-inch pieces and bake for 12 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Adapted from Ina Garten
Leave a Reply