Author: barely adapted from Midwest Living
Recipe type: desserts
- 8 ounces Club Cracker
- ¾ cup butter (1½ sticks)
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 2 cups chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1½ cups dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup butterscotch-flavored chips
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Line the bottom of the pan with crackers. Combine butter, honey, brown sugar, and cream in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once mixture boils, add graham cracker crumbs, reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and ¼ teaspoon of the sea salt.
- Pour half of the caramel mixture over the crackers in the prepared pan, spreading to cover. Sprinkle with peanuts and chopped peanut butter cups. Pour rest of caramel over top. Place another layer of crackers on top, pressing down lightly to secure.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine dark chocolate and butterscotch chips. Microwave until melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Spread chocolate mixture over top layer and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon sea salt.
- Chill bars for 2 hours or until completely firm. Using the edges of the foil, lift the bars out of the pan and cut into squares. Refrigerate until serving.