Cream Filled Double Chocolate Cupcakes
The only thing better than double chocolate cupcakes are double chocolate cupcakes filled with delicious marshmallow cream! These cupcakes are easy to make and fun to fill. The kids will enjoying helping with this task, too!
Luckily it is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun! Make sure you pop over to visit Liz and see which Hugs & Cookies recipe she chose this month.
Thanks once again Liz for a fabulous dessert! Cream Filled Double Chocolate Cupcakes can be the hit of your next party!
You can visit Liz on her social media channels here:
You may need:
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup boiling water
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons water
- ¾ teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease and flour tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together water, cocoa, chocolate chips, When smooth, whisk in the sugar, sour cream, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Now whisk in the flour mix to combine.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and bake approx 18 mins.
- Cool 10 mins and move to a rack to cool completely.
- Mix water and gelatin and let sit about 5 minutes.
- Microwave the mixture 30 seconds, till gelatin appears dissolved.
- Whisk, then add butter and vanilla.
- Cool 5 mins.
- Whisk in marshmallow until smooth.
- Chill 30 mins in fridge.
- Cut a cone shape out of the top of each cupcake. Cut bottom of cone off, leaving just a circle of cake. Save the small rounds of cake to place back on top after you fill the cupcakes.
- Use a pastry bag to neatly fill the center of each cupcake and top with the saved circles.
- Microwave chocolate and butter until smooth.
- Let sit 10 mins and glaze the tops of each cupcake with an offset spatula.