Creamy One Pot Penne With Sausage and Broccoli
This was a winning, delicious dinner! I used 2 kinds of chicken sausage but you can use regular sausage if you prefer!
You may need:
Creamy One Pot Penne, Sausage and Broccoli
- 2 pounds chicken sausage or sweet Italian sausage, casings removed (I used 2 brands: Premio and cheese/parsley from butcher)
- olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1½ cups white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces broccoli florets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage in large dutch oven in 1 T. olive oil breaking up pieces with wooden spoon about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Cook onion in another T. of oil 5-8 mins.
- Add penne and cook 3 minutes to toast.
- Stir in wine, broth, cream, and reserved sausage and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta begins to soften, about 8-10 minutes. Add broccoli on top of the pasta and continue to cook, covered about 5-7 mins to keep broccoli crisp.
- Off the heat, stir in Parmesan and season with salt.
Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen
Leave a Reply