This is my favorite pasta sauce and it pairs well with any protein! I have topped this pasta with chicken, steak, shrimp and scallops. All delish! I have also added some fresh broccoli and let it just steam in the hot sauce as pictured below.
- 3 T. butter
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 shallot chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 T. flour
- 2 c. chicken broth
- ¼ cup half & half or heavy cream
- ½ c. parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 8 ounces large shells
- 1 large handful parsley chopped
- salt/pepper to taste
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet.
- Add garlic and shallots to pan and cook 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Increase heat and deglaze pan with the broth.
- Add cream and cheese, stirring to melt cheese.
- Lower to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook shells, drain and pour into the sauce.
- Top with parsley and season with salt/pepper.