Chocolate croissants in 20 minutes? Um yea, sign me up! I would recommend using high quality chocolate in these since it will really shine. Sorry, that means set aside the nestle chips (just for this recipe) and break out the Ghirardelli and even the Ghirardelli bars! I used a combo of the bittersweet bars and the milk chocolate chips. They created a nice balance of chocolate flavors in these cute little chocolate croissants. Sunday brunch just got even better! Try having your guests top their own croissants, too! Think salted caramel, toasted coconut, sprinkles, nuts! That would be a fun activity…..like a croissant fixins’ bar!
Easy Chocolate Croissants
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
- ¾ cup combo of milk chocolate chip and chopped bittersweet bars
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 squares bittersweet chocolate, melted for top drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheet with parchment or nonstick foil.
- Lay out each croissant triangle and sprinkle on the chocolates.
- Roll up each croissant starting at the wide end.
- Brush top with egg.
- Bake approx 15 mins. until golden.
- Drizzle with the melted chocolate across the tops.
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Erin @ Making Memories says
Oh man! These look heavenly. I’d end up eating them all. Is that a bad thing??? =o)
Erin @ Making Memories recently posted…Loaded Pasta Salad
Hugs & Cookies xoxo says
hahaha thank you, Erin!