Welcome to another month of Two Sweetie Pies! I LOVE THIS DAY! MY BLOGGING BUDDY LIZZIE (FROM THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE) AND I EACH BAKE FROM THE OTHER’S BLOG AND SURPRISE EACH OTHER…AND YOU-WITH WHAT WE MADE!!!
You can also visit Lizzie on:
This month I chose French Silk Pie Brownies! Ummmmm…that was a good choice if I do say so myself! And they are so simple to put together yet taste like you baked all day! This recipe comes from the wonderful cookbook Two Desserts in One by Hayley Parker! Check it out! You will love it and be sure to check out her blog, too! The Domestic Rebel.
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- One 4-ounce German chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 8-ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8-ounces Cool-Whip, thawed
- Prepare and bake the brownies according to the package directions.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Microwave the chocolate and butter together until melted.
- Beat in the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until combined.
- Fold in cool whip
- Spread the French silk filling over the brownies.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until set, before cutting into squares.
Recipe adapted from Hayley Parker…Check out her blog, too! The Domestic Rebel