You know the fudgy brownies you find at the bakery that you can never replicate at home? The ones with the rich, thin layer of frosting? With the chewy brownie base? Yup! Look no further……here is the recipe! These are nothing short of spectacular and everyone you make these for will beg you for the recipe. Will you let them in on the secret? Should I let you in? Okay, of course I will….these start with a box mix of brownies!!! Shriek!!!! I know! Hard to believe but trust me on this one. I used Pillsbury dark chocolate brownies. You can use your favorite!
- 18.4 ounce box brownie mix -- I used Pillsbury Dark
- 12 Tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sift it or frosting will have lumps-trust me, I forgot to sift! LOL
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line a 9x13 pan with nonstickfoil.
- Mix with a spoon, the brownie mix, butter, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.
- Spread in pan and bake 45 mins. Center will be a little soft still.
- Melt butter in a pan,
- Add cocoa powder and milk. Stir!!!!
- When is just starts to boil, remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar-sift it as you add it.
- Pour over brownies and cool to room temp.
- Pop in fridge to set up.
- Cut into squares. If the top cracks when you cut, let them sit a few mins at room temp before cutting.
I found this recipe at Confessions of a CookBook Queen. Recipe comes from
From The Cake Mix Doctor Returns. Just ordered my copy!