What could be better than a fudgy brownie swirled with homemade cheesecake? Ummmm, not much! These fudgy cheesecake brownies are the perfect balance for brownie and cheesecake lovers. You could even doll them up for a party with some hot fudge drizzled on top. Or you can cut them as extra small squares for a little nibble snack. They also look nice when presented in cupcake liners on a tray. I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!!!
Willpower LOL, along with:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened in microwave 20 seconds
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped fine
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and flour. Set aside.
- Preheat oven 325.
- Line 8x8 pan with nonstick foil.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in bowl at 50 percent power until melted.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, and vanilla together.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and combine.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to combine.
- Transfer ½ cup batter to a different bowl for later.
- Spread rest of the batter into pan.
- Spread cream cheese filling evenly over batter.
- Microwave the bowl of reserved batter until warm and pourable, 10 to 20 seconds.
- Dollop this over the cream cheese and use a knife to swirl the 2 together.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool one hour.
- Chill if serving them cold!
Adapted from Cook’s Illustrated