Go-To “No Mixer Needed” Chocolate Chip Cookies
My son brought these to a sleepover and they were a huge hit! These are adapted from Holly’s recipe so I call them Holly’s cookies!
Your Go To No Mixer Needed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter melted and cooled 10 minutes
- 1 ¼ cup light brown sugar packed (250g)
- ½ cup granulated sugar 100g
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ¾ cups flour 350g
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch original was 2 tsp.-we loved it with 2 T
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cup chocolate chips I used combo of milk and semisweet plus mini chips to sprinkle on tops out of the oven (300g + additional)
- Combine melted butter and sugars in a large bowl. Stir very well.
- Add egg and yolk.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and blend with rubber spatula.
- Stir in chips.
- At this point, I chilled dough in 4 ounce and 2 ounce portions and froze.
- When ready to bake let dough balls sit out 10 mins and bake at 350 on parchment lined sheets.
- ounce cookies baked 18 minutes. 2 ounce cookies baked 15 minutes.
- When done, sprinkle with a few mini chips and use a large cookie cutter to help round out their shape.
Adapted from Spend with Pennies (Holly!)