This cordon bleu is special because it is made on a grill pan and not fried. This dinner was a huge hit in my house and the honey mustard sauce is fabulous. I saw this recipe over at Spend With Pennies where my friend Holly creates amazing food! You must go visit her site-you’ll be hooked!
Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu With Honey Mustard
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 T. olive oil
- salt pepper, chili powder to taste
- 5 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 T. mayo
- 2 teaspoons tamari sauce I used gluten free
- 5 slices deli ham sliced very thin
- 7 ounces Kerry Gold Cheese freshly grated
- fresh parsley chopped
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, chili powder.
- Heat oil in grill pan and cook chicken on both sides until cooked through and has nice lines!
- Make the honey mustard sauce by whisking dijon mustard, honey & tamari. Whisk in mayo until desired consistency.
- Once chicken is done, spread honey mustard on top. Lay on one slice ham and a mound of grated cheese.
- Place under the broiler on a nonstick foil lined cookie sheet just until cheese melts and bubbles. About 3 minutes but keep a close eye on it.
- Serve with the extra honey mustard on the side and top with chopped parsley.