Homemade Cake Truffles (Cake pops minus the sticks)
These were made by my 10 year old and came out amazing!
Homemade Cake Pops
- 1 and ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk (or buttermilk)
- 7 Tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 1¾ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2–3 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line 9 inch cake pan with nonstick foil.
- Beat butter and sugar 2 mins.
- Add egg/vanilla on high to combine.
- Add dry ingredients and the milk until no lumps.
- Pour in pan and bake 30-35 mins.
- Cool completely.
- Beat the butter on medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add confectioners’ sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla on low.
- Raise to high and beat 3 mins.
- Crumble the cooled cake into the bowl on top of the frosting.
- Make sure there are no large lumps.
- Turn to low and combine the two.
- Roll into balls and chill.
- Melt the chocolate and dip balls.
- Lay them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add sprinkles and chill to set.
Cake pop recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction