2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
yellow food coloring
Preheat oven to 325 and grease a Twinkie pan with Coconut oil spray as I did or Pam.
1. Beat butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. Combine dry ingredients.
4. Add dry ingredients in 3 parts alternating with milk. Begin and end with dry ingred.
5. Add a drop of yellow food coloring to look Twinkie like!
6. Pour 1 scant ice cream scoop full into each Twinkie mold.
7. Bake about 15 mins.
Poke 3 holes in bottom using a wide pastry tip. Use a skinnier tip to pipe in the whipped cream. Recipe below.
- CREAM RECIPE:
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Add the cold water to a small bowl, then sprinkle the gelatin over it. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes, until it has set.
- In a small skillet, add about 1/2-inch of water, and heat over medium-high heat. Place the small bowl with the gelatin directly inside the skillet. Stir the gelatin until it is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove the bowl from the skillet.
- In the mixer, use whisk attachment and beat the heavy cream & powdered sugar. Beat on high to soft peaks. Add in the melted gelatin mixture and continue to beat until stiff peaks have formed.
Once filled you can dip in chocolate if desired. Chill firm before dipping. Melt chocoate of choice in an 8×8 pyrex and lay twinkie in pan. Spoon melted chocolate over it and set on wax paper in fridge to firm up.
*** NOTE: I BOUGHT MY TWINKIE PAN AT SUR LA TABLE