Homemade churros at home? I wasn’t sure it was possible but it really is! My youngest guy is churro crazy and he declared these the best! I always wondered how they made the cool design on a churro. So simple…it’s just a star piping tip! You may also love DEEP FRIED CANDY BARS and OREOS!
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 T. sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar plus 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine water, butter, sugar, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring pot to rolling boil and then reduce to low.
- Add flour and stir constantly until it turns into a ball of dough.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5-7 min.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Heat oil in medium skillet to 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip.
- Pipe strips of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon and lay on paper towels to drain.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Toss in churros to coat.
- Serve with favorite chocolate dipping sauce, if desired.
Adapted from Disney