WELCOME TO ANOTHER MONTH OF 2 SWEETIE PIES!! I LOVE THIS DAY! MY BLOGGING BUDDY LIZZIE (FROM THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE) AND I EACH BAKE FROM THE OTHER’S BLOG AND SURPRISE EACH OTHER…AND YOU-WITH WHAT WE MADE!!! THIS MONTH I MADE LIZZY’S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!!!
As you can imagine, you can never go wrong with a homemade peanut butter cup. You can also make the perfect chocolate/peanut butter ratio for yourself!
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!!!
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave, stopping and stirring at 30 second intervals till melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Place 15 small liners into a mini-muffin tin. (Or use a candy mold like I did...purchased at a local candy store) With a small silicone brush, coat the inside of each cup with about 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate. The coating should be about 1/8 inch thick and almost up to the top of the cup, but not over the top. Refrigerate when coating is complete.
- Gently melt the butter and peanut butter together in the microwave, stirring at 30 second intervals till butter is melted.
- Add powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs.
- Press about a teaspoon of the filling into the chocolate lined cups.
- Spoon about a 1/2 teaspoon of the chocolate (you may need to reheat chocolate slightly if it has cooled) over peanut butter to cover.
- Chill till firm, at least 2 hours. I sped this up by chilling in the freezer. You can also add a chocolate drizzle if desired as I did. Peel paper liners off to serve. Store in refrigerator.