- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Set a large sieve over a deep bowl.
- Dampen 2 layers of cheesecloth with water and line the sieve with the cheesecloth.
- Pour the milk and cream into an enameled pot like a Le Creuset.
- Add the salt and stir.
- Bring this to a boil over medium and stir occasionally.
- Shut the heat off and add the lemon juice.
- Let stand for one minute to allow the "curdles" to begin.
- Pour this into the cheesecloth/sieve and drain at room temp about 25 mins.
- Discard the liquid in the bowl as it collects.
- If you like it thicker, let it sit up to 40 mins like I did. (It will be very thick the next day, fyi)
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and store in fridge.
Leave a Reply