Do you love a hot reuben sandwich? I know my husband and I do. Messy, delicious and packed with goodies! This hot reuben sandwich dip is an awesome play on the sandwich. You can serve it up with little squares of rye bread or with potato chips for a little crunch. I chose to use Jarlsberg cheese which was perfect but you could also try out swiss cheese if you prefer. The corned beef is where it gets tricky! You can absolutely buy some ready make corned beef. I would recommend getting it fresh from a kosher deli. I actually made my own corned beef at home. So easy to make and then we had enough for a dinner and the leftovers I saved for this dip! To make corned beef at home, you just bring it to a boil and lower to a simmer for 2 1/2 -3 hours covered. That’s it! This is a perfect dip for the Super bowl!
Hot Reuben Sandwich Dip
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- ½ c. Russian Dressing
- 1 c. shredded Jarlsberg cheese plus 1/4 c. for the top
- 1 c. chopped corned beef plus a little extra to decorate the top
- 1 c. sauerkraut drained
- Freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixer, beat the cream cheese smooth.
- Add dressing.
- Fold in cheese and 1 c. corned beef.
- Fold in sauerkraut.
- Add salt if using and pepper.
- Bake 18-20 until bubbling.
Adapted from Delish