Get your Cookie Sheets Here!
TIPS: I tried a new technique this week using the recipe below! I actually melted the butter first! I chilled the dough 30 minutes and baked them at 350. Pull the dough for each cookie in half and press together again with the jagged sides facing up for a nicer look. I also used all semisweet chips but a combo os always awesome, too! Melting the butter first led to a chewier texture which we loved. I used Gold Medal in these which outperformed even king arthur flour!!
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ sticks soft butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup regular sugar
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup semisweet chips
- 1 cup bittersweet Ghiradhelli chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Beat butter and both sugars until well blended.
- Add in vanilla, egg and yolk until light and creamy.
- Add in flour, salt and baking soda just until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Chill if you have time.
- Drop by ¼ cup amounts onto parchment.
- Mine baked 14-16 minutes …until edges are browned and centers no longer look wet. Cool completely on sheets.