My bestie Lori has a new tradition…wait till Thanksgiving is over and then make the most incredible turkey ever! Now I have to wait a year to make it. Or, maybe I will go find a turkey ASAP and make it this week. It looks THAT good!!!!
Lori's Famous Bacon Wrapped Turkey
- 15 pound turkey
- approx 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 package maple bacon
- kosher salt
- Rub softened butter under skin of turkey.
- Very Generously sprinkle on kosher salt on skin.
- Wrap outside of turkey in bacon.
- Bake in a roasting pan at 325 covered for 2 hours.
- Then, uncover for an additional 2½ hours (or until fully cooked), basting every 20-40 mins.
Leave a Reply