I first scoped these cookies out over at The Girl Who Ate Everything. Her pictures are amazing…. go ahead and visit. See for yourself! When I made these, my cookies seemed to spread a bit more than expected. The good news was I could fit in more marshmallows, say 4 per cookie! The final cookie tasting came and these literally reminded me of Mallomars. Mallomars have been a family favorite since I was a kid. My mom loves them! Summer months would come and low and behold there was not a box of mallomars to be found in the entire grocery store. They said it had to do with shipping them in the hot weather. So you’d have to wait for the them to return in the cooler months and stock up by the case! Funny thing was though, chocolate bars could still be shipped in the summer so why not mallomars? We never did solve that mystery. Well, if you are a mallomar fan I highly recommend this delicious cookie. Close your eyes, take a bite and you will think you’re eating a mallomar!
- 1 cup soft salted butter
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1⅓ cup flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows
- Hershey Bars, broken in rectangles (from four 1.55-oz bars)
- Electric mix butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- On low add flour, salt and graham crumbs.
- Roll dough into balls and press an indent in centers.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Fill centers with 4 mini marshmallows and return to the oven 3 mins.
- Top each with one piece of chocolate and let sit in oven with door open for 1 more minute.
- Remove and spread chocolate carefully with offset spatula.
- Cool and DEVOUR!
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Leave a Reply