Mile High Raspberry Bars
These are outrageous! I made them in a cast iron pan today as an updated version (April 2022) and loved them. I had to increase the crust baking time by 7 minutes since the pan was slightly smaller.
NOTE: YOU CAN HALVE THIS RECIPE AND USE A 9X13 PAN BUT THE BARS FREEZE BEAUTIFULLY SO I SAY GO FOR THE WHOLE BIG BATCH!!!!
You may need:
MILE HIGH RASPBERRY BARS
- 3 c. flour
- 1 ⅓ c. confectioner's sugar
- 3 sticks soft butter
- 1 ¼ cups raspberry jam seedless or with seeds
MILE HIGH CRUMBS:
- 4 ½ c. flour
- 3 c. light brown sugar
- 4 sticks soft butter
- Preheat oven 350.
- You can use a 12x17 jellyroll pan or I used a cast iron 10x15. Spray it with Pam.
- Electric mix all and pat into the pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes in a 12x17. The 10x15 cast iron baked 25-30. Just until lightly golden brown.
- Then remove and cool.
- Spread with jam and top with crumbs.
- Electric mix all and break int crumbs all over the jelly layer.
- Bake 25-30 mins.
- Cool, cut and sprinkle with powdered sugar.