Mom’s Matzoh Balls
This recipe will make 6 HUGE matzoh balls or about 10 normal size-(I halved the recipe and made 5 one day) For a larger quantity, make them smaller and reduce cooking time by a few minutes. The centers will be soft when they are done. Pair this with your fave chicken soup for a complete meal!
Mom's Matzoh Balls
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup matzo meal
- ¼ cup chicken stock (homemade if you have!)
- ¼ cup chicken fat
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley or dill (Mom uses dill)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Combine and mix: eggs, matzo meal, stock, chicken fat, parsley and salt.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Divide mixture into ball shapes and drop carefully into the water.
- Cover and boil 1 hour.
- Place one into a bowl and ladle your chicken soup on top!
Leave a Reply