Not only were these quick and easy but they were extremely popular. The combo of cereal, caramel (made from the sugars), peanuts and chocolate make them outrageous. It is the perfect blend of sweet and salty. Since it is hot out, I also love that you don’t need to turn on the oven for these no-bake caramel peanut butter bars. Grab your ingredients and get “baking!”
No-Bake Caramel Peanut Butter Bars
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 ¼ cups roasted & salted peanuts chopped
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 oz milk chocolate melted
- Line 9x13 pan with nonstick foil.
- Combine cereal and peanuts in a large bowl.
- In a small pot, combine sugar, corn syrup and bring up to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove heat and whisk in the peanut butter and salt until smooth.
- Pour over the cereal mix and fold gently to coat evenly.
- Press into your pan and chill.
- Once cooled, drizzle top with the chocolate and return to fridge.
- Cut into bars before serving.
Adapted from Bashful Bao