Orecchiette with Chicken Sausage and Arugula makes a fabulous, lunch, dinner, snack or all of the above! I love to make a huge plate of this and everyone snacks on through the week. I had my hubby grill lots of extra chicken sausage for this dish. You can add whatever you like though: shrimp, chicken, steak, sausage. I love the addition of arugula in this dish for its wonderful peppery flavor. Adds just a bit of a kick! The dressing I used here is also delish and so fresh….be sure to use fresh lemon! No little yellow imitation bottle allowed!
Orecchiette with Chicken Sausage and Arugula
- 1 pound Orecchiette cooked according to package directions
- 1 container grape tomatoes
- 1 cup arugula
- 6 links chicken sausage grilled and sliced on a diagonal (We used links stuffed with kale/cheese)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese optional
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pour hot cooked pasta into a huge dish. Combine the oil and lemon juice and pour over the pasta. Generously add salt and pepper and taste.
- Stir in the sausage slices, tomatoes and arugula.
- Top with cheese and stir well.
- Serve warm or cold!